2020-21 Class Schedule Review in ClassChoice
Students will be able to review their 2020-21 CCHS Class Schedules (and potentially make changes) via ClassChoice per the rolling schedule below. Most students have a complete schedule. But if a student’s schedule is incomplete, due to class conflicts, the student will have the opportunity to complete their schedule by making adjustments in ClassChoice. We recommend ALL students review their schedule to make sure it’s complete.
What is ClassChoice? ClassChoice is the online scheduling system Crimson Cliffs High School uses to allow our students to access and adjust their class schedule for the upcoming school year. It allows students the freedom to make changes to their schedule in live time and to see all their available options at any moment.
***Please read this ENTIRE page before logging into the ClassChoice system!
ClassChoice will be open according to the following rolling schedule. Once ClassChoice opens for your class, it will be available until 3:00 PM Friday, May 29th:
- Class of 2021 (current CCHS Juniors) will have access beginning May 26th, 7:00 am
- Class of 2022 (current CCHS Sophomores) will have access beginning May 27th, 7:00 am
- Class of 2023 (current CCMS Freshmen) will have access beginning May 28th, 7:00 am
- ClassChoice will CLOSE to ALL students at 3:00 pm Friday, May 29th.
After May 29th, requests for changes to your schedule will not be accepted. ClassChoice will open again in August for a short period of time before school starts.
- Instruction Sheet on How to Use ClassChoice - Please review this!!
- Please view this video before logging into ClassChoice
- Link to ClassChoice by logging into PowerSchool on a computer and selecting ClassChoice on the left hand side.
- use the 2020-21 CCHS Master Schedule to plan out your schedule before you make any changes.
Important Information and Tips:
- Read the “Instruction Sheet on How to Use ClassChoice” (see above) and read ALL instructions and warnings included on the ClassChoice screens.
- Be mindful of graduation requirements before making any changes! There is a tool in ClassChoice to help you estimate your graduation progress. For your official grad progress, look in PowerSchool (Grade History > View Graduation Progress), or contact your counselor.
- Only classes that are available to you will appear. Classes that are full, have unmet prerequisites, or are not offered to your grade level will NOT be available to you.
- If a class is full, it’s FULL. The counselors DO NOT have access to overload courses. If a student does not see an available seat, the counselors will not either.
- Place your cursor over the course name or course number to see the other periods/terms a particular course is offered.
- Be very careful when dropping a class, as other students will be online at the same time looking for classes. If they choose the class that you just dropped, and the class is full, it will no longer be available to you. There is NO undo.
- Make sure you have a full schedule—all eight periods are filled each semester.
- Not sure what a course is about, what its prerequisites are, or what grade levels can take it? Look it up in the CCHS Course Catalog.
- The CCHS Master Schedule was built and classes were filled based on the requests the students made during registration earlier this year. Therefore, many classes are already at capacity and cannot be overfilled.
- This MAY NOT be your final class schedule! Changes to the CCHS Master Schedule, like teacher assignments, periods a course is offered, room numbers, etc., may occur over the summer. The spring version of your schedule MAY NOT match your August version. Final schedules will be available in PowerSchool (and paper copies can be picked up) on the morning of the first day of school.
- Can't get back into ClassChoice - If you have trouble logging back into Classchoice, you will need to reboot your computer. Log off after each session to avoid this problem.
- Can't Log into Powerschool - To access Powerschool, you must use our exact weblink. If you have another link saved as a bookmark or history that it wants you to use...don't use it. Use this one: https://powerschool.washk12.org/public You may need to clear your cache and cookies for the browser you are using. Clear them from the beginning, not just for the past few hours or days.
- Forgot your Powerschool password - The same password you use to check your WCSD email or that you have used to sign in to a Chromebook is your powerschool password.
For scheduling help, for this window of class choice, you have through May 29th, to contact your CCHS Counselor via Email. After May 29th, requests for changes to your schedule will have to wait until the August window. If a class is full, it’s FULL. DO NOT ask to be allowed into a full class! Counselors are assigned by the student’s last name:
- Denise Wallmann (last names A-F) - send email to email@example.com
- Ginger Wade (last names G-O) - send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robyn McKean (last names P-Z) - send email to email@example.com
- students with IEP's will need to contact their Case Manager
***Due to increased email load, please be patient while waiting for an email reply.
Schedule Changes after ClassChoice Closes: NO requests for schedule changes will be accepted after ClassChoice closes in May. It will open again in August for a short period of time before school starts.
Please read the CCHS Schedule Change Policy. In August, after students have been given the opportunity to make changes in ClassChoice and it closes, counselors will ONLY change schedules for the following reasons:
- There is an empty period in the student’s schedule.
- A senior is a missing graduation requirement.
- The student already completed the course.
- The student hasn’t met a prerequisite requirement.
- The course change is medically necessary.
- The course change is a level change due to class failure or missing graduation requirement.
- Teacher-suggested academic placement.