Crimson Cliffs Diploma
Graduation Information 2021
Language Arts (English)
Social Science (History)
Career and Technical Ed.
Tuesday, May 25, 2021
Crimson Cliffs High School Football Field
Additional Graduation Guidelines:
1. A minimum of four solid or academic courses must be taken during each semester of high school attendance (see #6 below).
2. Juniors must take a full credit of math.
3. To receive a diploma, a student must have been enrolled in the district for a minimum of one quarter immediately prior to graduation (any exceptions must be approved by the superintendent).
4. A student must have met ALL graduation requirements in order to participate in the graduation ceremony.
5. If graduation requirements are modified for a student with a disability as per an Individual Education Plan (IEP), the student will receive a diploma if the modified requirements are met. Students under an IEP may also participate in graduation ceremonies according to the circumstances outlined in the Rules and Regulations of which.
6. Observe the following graduation requirements and see the course catalog for additional information:
- Language Arts: All students must complete (4.0) Credits of English. 1.0 Credit Language Arts 9; 1.0 Credit Language Arts 10; 1.0 Credit Language Arts 11 or AP 11; 1.0 Credit Language Arts 12, AP English, CE English, or approved English electives.
- Mathematics: All students must complete (3.0) credits of Math. The class taken in the 9th grade and the next higher math must be completed to meet graduation requirements. One credit must be taken in the Junior year. Universities require three (3.0) credits of Math through Intermediate Algebra as a minimum along with most colleges and occupations recommending the same.
- Science: All Students must complete (3,0) credits of Science with (2.0) core science credits and (1.0) elective science credit. Universities require three (3.0) credits of Science along with most colleges and occupations recommending the same.
- Social Science: All students must complete (3.0) credits of Social Studies which includes: (.50) World Geography in 9th grade, (.50) World Civilizations in 10th grade, (1.0) U.S. History II in 11th grade, (.50) U.S. Government & Civilization in 12th grade, and (.50) elective social science credit.
- Arts: All Students must complete (1.5) credits of Fine Arts credit from the courses offered 9-12th grade.
- PE and Health: Students must take (2.0) credits of Physical Education which includes: (.50) Participation Skills in 9th grade, (.50) Health II AND (.50) Fit for Life in 10th grade, and (.50) Elective PE 9-12th grade. **Students participating in two years of Athletics may waive the (.50) credit of PE Elective by completing a sports waiver form available in the counselor's office.
- Career and Technical Education: Students must complete (1.0) credit of CTE credit by selecting courses offered in the Technology, Business, or Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Financial Lit/Computer Lit: Students must complete (.50) credits of Financial Lit and (.5) credits of a computer literacy course.