ClassChoice Availability for second semester: December 11th-17th
- Please view this video before logging into ClassChoice or read the instructions here.
- Link to ClassChoice by logging into PowerSchool on a computer and selecting ClassChoice on the upper right side.
- Use the 2020-21 CCHS Master Schedule to plan out your schedule before you make any changes.
- To request an online class that is not listed on ClassChoice - leave the period blank where you would like your online class - complete this FORM to request the online class/classes you want. Your counselors will add your online class/classes for you.
- If you want to play sports in college (NCAA eligible) or are working towards the Regents' Scholarship - please be aware of these requirements before dropping classes.
- If you have technical difficulties please refer to the Troubling Shooting section below. If you are still having problems please email your counselor.
Important Information and Tips:
- Watch the video before making any changes
- Be mindful of graduation requirements before making any changes! There is a tool in ClassChoice to help you estimate your graduation progress. For your official grad progress, look in PowerSchool (Grade History > View Graduation Progress). The ClassChoice graduation progress is not official and may not be accurate.
- Only classes that are available to you will appear. Classes that are full, have unmet prerequisites, or are not offered to your grade level will NOT be available to you.
- If a class is full, it’s FULL. The counselors DO NOT have access to overload courses. If a student does not see an available seat, the counselors will not either.
- Be very careful when dropping a class, as other students will be online at the same time looking for classes. If they choose the class that you just dropped, and the class is full, it will no longer be available to you. There is NO undo.
- Make sure you have a full schedule—all eight periods are filled second semester.
- Not sure what a course is about, what its prerequisites are, or what grade levels can take it? You can look it up in the CCHS Course Catalog.
- The CCHS Master Schedule was built and classes were filled based on the requests the students made last year. Therefore, many classes are already at capacity and cannot be overfilled.
- This MAY NOT be your final class schedule! Changes to the CCHS Master Schedule, like teacher assignments, periods a course is offered, room numbers, etc., may occur over the break.
- Can't get back into ClassChoice - If you have trouble logging back into Classchoice, you will need to reboot your computer - or clear your cookies. Log off after each session to avoid this problem.
- Can't Log into Powerschool - To access Powerschool, you must use our exact weblink. If you have another link saved as a bookmark or history that it wants you to use...don't use it. Use this one: https://powerschool.washk12.org/public You may need to clear your cache and cookies for the browser you are using. Clear them from the beginning, not just for the past few hours or days.
- Forgot your Powerschool password - The same password you use to check your WCSD email or that you have used to sign in to a Chromebook is your powerschool password.